Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt trim works at the engine spotty at the controls

i have 2016 df300s
    the starboard engine is slow to tilt and trim up and down- but really more of a trim issue. This is noticeable only when using the switch at the shifter or at the panel. When I use the button at the engine it works great. Leads me to believ there is an electrical connection issue. I have the service manual but It’s not helping me. Any ideas before I call for service?

What type of "switch at the shifter or at the panel" do you have? What type controls?
    Do you have a switch to go from one motor, to two motors for trim? I have found my "single/dual motor switch" filled with water causing strange trim problems, once drained and dry, it worked fine again (started putting plastic cover over controls when not used, to prevent weather filling switch again). Haven't had problems since.

Good luck.

Comment

The shifter is the newer model. Switch is the rocker button.
      the “panel” is the panel that has start stop for either motor, as well as the sync and the throttle only, and the up down for either motor. Again port works fine. It’s the starboard. Make sense to unplug the right most harness from the ecu and plug it in again?

Comment

So I’ll answer my own question.
        indeed it’s the ptt motor.
        my motors at 2016. Both ptt motors have failed within 3 months of each other.
        My dealer says these motors are failing repeatedly on Suzuki’s. Furthermore the warranty on the brushes for these motors which is what is going wrong is only for 3 years- no extension on the “plus 3”

question is can you put out an aftermarket ptt motor should this fail out of warranty.

Comment

You know, if PTT motors were indeed “failing repeatedly” as you say the dealer said, then this forum and others would be full of similar reports.

And they are not.

Indeed, your post is the only one I can recall in recent times about this. So the claim about repeated failures is clearly false.

Your motors are under warranty. Have them fixed by the dealer with genuine parts.

Comment

Sounds strange that it works at the engine and not at the helm, also claims that the brushes are failing also seems strange as they get little use. I had one fail, opened it up and it had a lot of moisture in it, cleaned it up with some new seals, still running fine!

Comment

Working...
            X