Throttle safety neutral button loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle safety neutral button loose

I took my boat in to have my motor raised. After I got it back, I was testing it on the lake and the red throttle safety neutral button became loose. It still works, but it is not in the proper position and is really loose. I really don't want to take it into the dealer again, can anyone tell me if there is something simple to fix it?
    2017 Suzuki 115hp.

I've bumped this up for you... Personally, I'm not familiar with your particular throttle lever.

Hopefully someone with knowledge will see it and be of help.
    Last edited by Harper; 07-03-2018, 09:50 AM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I'm not familiar with such a button, do you have a picture?
      Regards, Martin
      DF200 2007

Comment

Could he be talking about the red kill switch button.?

Comment

Could be but guessing is not knowing
          Regards, Martin
          DF200 2007

Comment

I am talking about the red nuetral safety button on the throttle handle that you depress to put it into gear. I have my answer though. There is a small panel that can be removed to reveal a screw that’s can be tightened.

Comment

Well, since you've still not provided us a clue as to the part to which you refer, and so we can help the next guy that comes along with a similar problem.....is this what you asked about?

t264_d2af518a34881c33f0aaa038d709f2af.jpg
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Ah, so I must have given a good enough clue because, yes, that is what I was referring to. Do you have an official name for it? Not able to download a photo but it was loose/coming out of the main throttle handle. The solution to the issue, at least for my model, is to remove the small panel toward the bottom of the part to tighten a screw.
                Last edited by Stingrayzuke; 07-10-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Sorry. Don't know a thing about it. Never saw one in my life. But I think I would have referred to the red "button" as a lever rather than a button. I just looked it up on the Suzukimarine.com website, and downloaded the picture. I think it's fairly new, and it's fairly obvious that no one else knows much about it either.
                  Mike
                  μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                  X