2007 DF140 Water Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF140 Water Pressure

Is it possible to install a mechanical water pressure gauge on this engine?

Should be easy. You'd need to find the correct water hose on the engine (there should be several suitable places). Your service manual should provide the info to investigate the waterflow, and you can go from there. You should be able to figure out which on of these hoses https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...001/thermostat to splice into with a T-fitting then attach your pressure sending unit there. Use a manual gauge? I'd probably use a sensor that would transmit via your NMEA2K network.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I am not that familiar with the NMEA2K network, but reading up on it. Will it sync up and display to my existing Suzuki gauges or will i need to add another gauge for the display?

Comment

It will display on the existing gauges once the sensor is connected to the NMEA2000network.

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...ure_Manual.pdf

i had a discussion about the value of a water pressure sensor a while ago with my local dealer - his view was that by the time you noticed a drop in pressure (eg to picking up a plastic bag or other debris on the water intakes) the temp gradient alarm would already have been triggered anyway, and if not that, then the overheat alarm. And both of these would put the engine into safe mode.

So his view was that it wouldnt be much use. He said he hadnt installed one in many years.

Comment

That does make sense. My last engine had a low water pickup and I don't want to run this one too high and not realize it. Maybe I just need to learn this motor's limits a little better and not get too overzealous.

Thanks for the info and advice. I think I will leave it like it is.

Comment

Working...
          X