2007 Suzuki DF 225 difficult to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Suzuki DF 225 difficult to start

I have a 2007 Suzuki DF 225 that runs great however it is difficult to start. I have to crank the motor 3 or 4 times before it will start. This happens regardless of wether it is hot or cold. Sometimes after cranking it it will start then shut off. Go through the process again and it starts and runs fine. There is usually no code with this However I have gotten a neutral safety code and a MAP code on two different occasions that immediately cleared when the motor finally started. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

My first thought is always.....BATTERY BATTERY BATTERY..... make sure that sucker is FULLY charged. Use a charger on it. Not just your outboard charging system. Check all your wiring and connectors for any damage or corrosion. This means ALL the wiring, The battery cables and other comductors in the wiring harness. Use a voltmeter to check for voltage drops.

Only when you are sure of the integrity of the wiring and the charge on your battery(ies) do you start to look elsewhere. Then to the fuel system. If you use gas laced with ethanol. make sure you don't have problems with water contamination. Check your fuel filters and fuel lines for any deterioration.

Have you checked the condition of the sparkplugs?

Still, my money's on the battery/cabling.
    Last edited by Harper; 07-10-2018, 03:21 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I will take a look at the battery and cable then move to plugs. I use ethanol free fuel.

Comment

Working...
      X