2003 DF-40 Suzuki outboard PTT problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 DF-40 Suzuki outboard PTT problems

Hi All, hoping someone can point me in the right direction... Currently my PTT will only operate in the down direction. I get a click when pushing the ptt switch in the up position at the remote throttle as well at the outboard itself. Checked resistance across the up relay and it was inline at 3.0 ohms (across solenoid cording to manual). Have 12 volts at the relays both up and down when ptt switch switch is actuated up and down. Checked wires (blue/green) 6" prior to entering ptt motor and had 12 volts there as well when Ptt switch actuated up and down. I think the only thing left un- checked would be the wiring inside of the ptt motor housing, maybe blue wire corroded or pulled, losing contact? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

When you press the up trim button and the relay energizes, battery voltage will flow through the heavy blue wire through the trim motor and out through the green wire to ground through the down relay.
    Do some voltage drop testing there, I think that is where your problem will be.
    Remember when you press the up button you should only have battery voltage on the blue wire going into the trim motor and nothing on the green wire coming out of the trim motor, that is the ground side of the load when it goes to ground, and vise versa when pressing the down switch.

Comment

Working...
    X