Troubleshooting overheating and failure to restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting overheating and failure to restart

I've got a new to me boat with twin 2009 DF175s with ~850 hours. While running at ~4000 rpms the starboard motor died without any warning lights or buzzers. Passenger in the rear claimed to hear a ticking from the motor after it shut off. The motor would restart but would not stay running for more than a second or two. MFDs showed engine temp slightly higher than normal, ~160, and then rising to 190 degrees while the motor was off.

I've hooked up my laptop with the Suzuki diagnostic software and there is no fault code for the motor overheating, no fault code at all since I've had the boat. The motor will turn over and start but only stays running for a second.

Any suggestions for where to start? Thanks

impellors?? whene was this last timehe yu

Comment

Fuel - did you check the primer bulb when it happened? Flat?

Comment

It is with great chagrin that I admit both Moonlighter (thank you!) and my buddy I consulted were correct. I ran the starboard motor out of fuel and did not realize it. At least a little embarrassment beats having to fix something!

Artdf175, thank you. Impeller was one of my first thoughts as well, although I changed them upon buying the boat. Suck up enough stuff though....

Comment

Working...
        X