Tachometer troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachometer troubleshooting

Hey guys, i have a 2005 suzuki DF140 with a tachometer built in warning lights, does any one know how to test a tachometer warning lights and buzzer to see if they are working properly?

thanks,

When you put the key to the "on" position, doesn't the light and buzzer come to life?
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

Yes mine does that. But I’ve noticed after running the diagnostic software I did have an over heat but I’ve never had any alarms or buzzer when the over heat happened.

Comment

The overheat could be from long ago. Do you own the motor from new? Best to clear the fault and see what happens. If the fault returns within a short period without the alarm goes off then there is a problem. For now I would just clear the fault.
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

There’s no current fault but only history faults and I’m not sure if u could clear those. I’m the third owner of the motor. I bought it from my friend who only had the motor for 1 year which he really didn’t use the motor and he never had a chance to encounter any issues so no help from him and which he has no records from the person he bought it from. I’ll be dropping the lower leg to look at the impeller area and see if I find anything unusual
          would you know how to clear the fault codes?

Comment

You cannot clear the hostory.

The code you have seen is no doubt an old one from a previous owner. So do not be concerned.

If an overheat condition occurs you will have the light come on and the alarm go off.

If you are going to drop the leg, might as well do a water pump kit and change gear oil while you are there.

Comment

Yes i plan on doing the 500hr maintenance as well.

here are pics of when I opened the rectifier manifold/exhaust and found these corrosion sorry I could not upload pics. I’ll try to resend pics

Comment

I do have n hooked up the sds software but still new on how to troubleshoot off of the current readings. I noticed the numbers of history error codes from before and now are still the same which tells me that I haven’t had any added warnings or error codes since I’ve owned the motor. Process of elimination

Comment

Ok should be good.

Dont forget to replace the engine anodes!

Comment

Working...
                  X