DF2.5 high-pitched noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF2.5 high-pitched noise

I got a new Suzuki DF2.5 (2018 model) which makes weird high-pitched noise while in gear at certain RPM range.
    The motor has been used for about two hours, mostly in low RPM range where the noise is not present.

The noise is not present at all while in neutral gear. While in gear, the noise starts after the throttle is increased to 20 % of the maximum.

I recorded a video about the noise and posted it on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxiBB8BjF3w).
    The high-pitched noise starts after 6 seconds on the video.

I would really appreciate if someone could figure out what could be the cause for this high-pitched noise? Perhaps a faulty bearing?
    I want to be able to point out the problem more precisely to the dealer, just in case they try to tell some excuses about the noise being normal and refuse to repair it under warranty.

I don't hear weird noises. It sounds like it should be in my opinion.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I did show my video to some people and they all did hear the weird high-pitched noise.
      The noise is present indeed so please adjust your speakers. The noise is quite high pitched so older people won't hear it.

I did a new test and ran the engine without the propeller while in gear and the high-pitched noise was not present.
      So it is possible that the propeller itself is the cause, but it is also possible that the high-pitched noise is not caused by the propeller but the noise is only present when the engine is loaded with the propeller.

I have watched over twenty videos about this outboard motor and I have recognised similar high-pitched noise only in two of those videos, so the same problem seems to be present in some portion of these units.

Comment

I heard the high pitch noise. Run it and catch some fish! Have fun with the new engine. Stay on top of maintenance just in case... With Suzuki’s 6 year warranty you have a while to figure it out.

Comment

I recently purchased a used DF20A that makes a similar noise to the sound in the video. Did you ever determine if there were any issues, or if it was normal for the engine?

Comment

The noise was caused by a singing propeller.

Comment

Working...
            X