Suzuki dt 115 stater motor does not respond when turning Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki dt 115 stater motor does not respond when turning Key

trying to get this Dt 115 starter motor to respond. I turn key and get nothing any help would be greatly appreciated. Just got the motor. It did not have a harness I have one that I’m using. Thanks Guys for your help I appreciate it

Hi, you're not giving us much information to go from. What year is your motor? Do you hear a "klik" when you turn the key? Did you place the lanyard? What have you done already?

Post back when able
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

Also, check to see if starter motor is free turning, i have had a couple froze up and not doing anything.
      Again, post back with more info.

Comment

Any power to the starter?

Comment

Thanks all for replying. I bridge what I believe to be starter solenoid starter motor did crank /turn. With the key in the on position I was able to see spark with a clear barrel spark tester. Thing is locating the Solenoid wire and following to find out where it's going and if there is a short somewhere just bought the motor I will post the year when I find out the cowling is silver with blue on side with large font 115 if that helps

Comment

20180801_222212.jpg

Comment

20180802_082326.jpg

Comment

I do not see the other part to the fuse holder or where it goes I'm thinking it's part of the problem

Comment

Hoosmatroos,Solarman and Murray just wanted to say thanks for your help I appreciate you Guys

Comment

Does anyone have a service manual on this wiring schematic that they can post thanks

Comment

Look at the mounting bracket for the serial number plate, send a pic of that. Might be able to help more.

Good luck, post back when able.

Comment

Indeed, with the serial number/model/year we can hep. Do have schemes but have to know what motor you have.
                        Regards, Martin
                        DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
                        X