Df 115 2002 . pee ing air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df 115 2002 . pee ing air

I have a 2002 DF 115. 330 hours. that I recently acquired. Finally got it running well. cleaned 2 injectors, new plugs. new fuel etc. While I was messing with it get it running It had a weak pee on the muffs . In the process it quit altogether. I installed a new impeller. no difference. I water tested on the lake , ran very well with up to wot 6000 rpm, couple hours all good but no water but notice hot air coming out of pee hole/. Any insights??

Just ran on muffs and got a high temp shut down .
    Last edited by saddlemaker; 08-06-2018, 06:57 PM.

I just removed the lower unit and used a hose to run water in the exposed water intake in the bottom of the mid unit. Noticed water draining out of the top inside of the mid unit. I presume that it is not supposed to bethere. Any how when doing that I pulled the water line that I believe goes to the pee-er and got water flow there. and to the relief valve to the right of the tell-tale..... but nothing at the tell tale./. I ran some compressed air in to the tell tale and you could hear it going into a hollow chamber.

So I am leaning to believe that there was a casting failure somewhere in the upper mid section???? Does this sound reasonable and this can't be the only one??

I
    Last edited by saddlemaker; 08-06-2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Could be a problem with your water press valve

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...001/thermostat
      Regards, Martin
      DF200 2007

Comment

Saddlemaker, In Between sections, these intake pipes have grommets to seal them. I would dig a little deeper and inspect your engine holder for corrosion. Your tell tale stream is just that an indication that the water pump is pumping, which often can get blocked by sand and mud. The cooling system is altogether separate
        Connecting a hose to the intake pipe would send water through the engine and exit through engine holder , how much water depends on whether the thermostat is open or closed. Research this site on engine holder corrosion as hot air shouldn't be going through that pee hole

Comment

Working...
        X