DF140 model year 2017 shut down with near full gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 model year 2017 shut down with near full gas

We were driving with the df140 against wind with heavy load and giving varying gas when hitting the waves. RPMs were guestimated to be above 5000 at least. So pumping a bit the remote. Air was really humid, water 26 celcius and air 30. Then the engine shut down like i would have pulled the control to neutral immediately. No alarms. Then after restarting we went ok wit 3000 plus rpm. We did not want try to replicate the issue due to heavy wind conditions.

We also noticed smell of gasoline around 4500 rpm steady plane. Nothing on idle.

Any ideas where to start looking this. Electricity or fuel issue? If the issue is on engine, can it be combination of high load, high tempreture, varying rpm near full throttle? Vapor lock and fuel cooling not working? And why on normal plane there was smell of gasoline. Appreciate any hints.

Do you have the SDS software to check for codes? If nothing found there then look for obvious fuel related issues. Leaking tubes, connection. Clean filters, also tiny filter in VST. Also check your primer to see if there are no leaks.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

No software but I will go to show it to aithorized service. Very hard to find the root so asking if you have had similar issues. Once earlier this summer the engine also shut down when putting on idle.

Comment

New Boat also?

Charcoal Canister (EVAP System) in the boat.

If it happens again, check the primer bulb (for sucked flat), Open gas cap and listen for air.

Full Tank and Gas Smell, leads me to think this.

Comment

Old aluminium boat and aluminium tank. Seals and hoses 10plus years old

Comment

Short test drive today with less load and wot. No smell or problems. After that emptied the gas tank, which was clean

Comment

Working...
            X