60 HP intermittent issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 HP intermittent issue

Have a 2016 60 HP. Sometimes when trying to start it acts like a dead or weak battery. Turn switch on and it does its beeps and all then when you try to start it just cuts off. Turn switch off and next time it cranks fine. Motor runs fine no missing no alarms. Checked all wiring I could and found nothing. Dealer could not duplicate problem. New battery and made about 3 trips no issues then back again. Any ideas?? Going back to dealer on Monday.

How about the battery plugs? Do you have a separate switch to cut battery power? Those are often the culprit. Sounds to me like a wiring issue
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

I'm guessing it is best to start at the battery also. Think, What are your oldest parts? Was this a repower, or new boat and motor?
      any areas with signs of corrosion, wires can corrode internally and still look good, so flex wires if signs of corrosion are present then proceed to check the other areas...

check battery switch
      check "white wire" problems/connections
      key switch itself, connections
      all plug connections to motor
      any related relays including starter solenoid.

Good luck.

Comment

re-wire the battery cables and make sure they are clean and tight
        you have a relatively new engine but are the battery cables also new?
        any corrosion external or internal on the cable is not acceptable.
        also check the battery a second time they can come defective

this is also has the makings of a defective white wire problem starting
        Art

Comment

This is a new boat and motor or was, it's 18 months old. Ran 2 trips no problem then last one it did it at the end of the day at the launch. Thinking of changing battery switch after checking key switch wires and see if that does it. Called Suzuki and they only have tech support for dealers. Hate the intermittent electrical issues. Hoping I find a loose wire somewhere. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X