Df140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df140

While fishing in a bay my 2003 df140 decided to quit running. After getting it back home I found that I get power to the high pressure pump, but no fuel through the high pressure filter.

I put a new high pressure pump in the fuel vapor separator. I also replaced the high pressure fuel filter. Still no fuel from the high pressure pump. I get plenty of low pressure fuel to the vapor separator.

With a test light I found power to the high pressure pump, but not enough to run it. I checked power coming from the ecm (black and white wire). I checked it by hooking my test light to the positive terminal on the solenoid and getting a ground from the ecm plug. Behind the ecm are the relays. The one on the right is clicking as I turn the key off and on. I swapped the relays just to make sure there relay was good. I checked the battery connections and all the easy things I know to do, but with no help. I unplugged the ecm multiple times. I have checked all the connectors that visible. I've unplugged and replugged everything I can see. I've not found the "white wire" that I've read about on other forums. I'm a good parts changer, but never claim to be a mechanic.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could be overlooking? Could the ecm be bad? Nothing smells burnt. There is no visible signs of melted wires. I've spent hours looking for something I haven't been able to find. I read every forum I can find that might give me a clue. None have helped, so far.

The black and white wire you are probing is actually the ground, when you turn the key on battery voltage will flow through the gray wire through the fuel pump then out through the black and white wire to ground inside the ecu.
    It will stay grounded for around three seconds and if the ecu does no receive a crank signal it will switch it off. Seeing that you connected your test light to battery pos on the solenoid, it should have only lit up for around three seconds, or if you crank the engine it ill stay grounded.

Disconnect the plug at the fuel pump and turn the key on you should have good battery supply there, make sure that the supply voltage on the gray wire can handle a load of at least five amps, of your test light has at least a 21 watt globe in it. come back on the forum and tell me what you have found. Just use a bit of caution when probing circuits with battry pos, if you probe a low powered circuit with battery pos and your test light has a high wattage globe in it you will blow the transistor driver in the circuit.

Comment

Thanks for responding. After lots of testing, I reveversed the power to the high pressure pump and she purrs like a kitten. I'm guessing the pump or the internal wire is backwards.

Comment

Here is a picture of the wires reveversed.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X