Amp/stereo cuts out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp/stereo cuts out

Took the boat out Saturday and started having some weird issues. While on plane, had the stereo volume about 1/2 way up, tapped lenco trim tabs to flatten out and the stereo starts cutting out and getting choppy. Stereo was fine if I didn't use the tabs. Amp is wired directly to the Perko switch w/60 amp breaker. Lenco tabs are wired separately to Perko switch with its own 60 amp breaker.Not sure if this is related but the NMEA voltage gauge on my Lowrance unit shows voltage bouncing from 13-15 volts at a steady 4000 rpm. The battery I was using at the time is only about a year old. Any ideas?
    Last edited by LPowers; 08-13-2018, 09:36 AM.

Sounds like you have a wiring issue, unrelated to anything to do with anything Suzuki.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

So pretty safe to rule out a battery charge coil and/or rectifier&regulator assembly issue??

Comment

I'd think so, primarily because of your mention of the incidence when operating the Lenco tabs. The voltage fluctuations sound to me like a wiring issue also. And when I say wiring issue, that includes connectors.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

So since my Lenco's and Amp are on separate circuits, would the problem most likely be on the main feeds from outboard>battery>Perko switch? Would a infrared laser thermometer help narrow down the bad wire?

Comment

Think I'd look at the ground connections, if the other connections are good.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X