Thermostats differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostats differences

Hey guys, I got a question pertaining thermostats. what is the difference with a 60c vs. 71c thermostat in a outboard? is it something to do with fresh water temp and salt water temp, and locations? I'm assuming fresh water is colder in certain locations which you would use the 71c thermostat and warmer water like salt water in certain location and use the 60c thermostat. is this correct? if someone has a better understanding this would please share the knowledge thank you.

Last edited by Glasspro; 08-13-2018, 03:58 PM.

Here in the northwest were the water temperatures are relative cool we run the hotter thermostat and it's found that there are less issues with un-burnt fuel contaminating the lube oil. There have been some cases where the crankcase oil level has increased due to the un-burnt fuel.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jHydroman View Post
      Here in the northwest were the water temperatures are relative cool we run the hotter thermostat and it's found that there are less issues with un-burnt fuel contaminating the lube oil. There have been some cases where the crankcase oil level has increased due to the un-burnt fuel.

Jim
      Does this include 4stroke as well? or only 2strokes?
      my motor is a 2005 Suzuki DF140

Comment

Fuel in crankcase is usually the result of overflowing fuel from vst through the vent tube.

He is speaking of 4 strokes, Glasspro.

Good luck.

Comment

so its still fine to use the 61c thermostat correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Glasspro View Post

Does this include 4stroke as well? or only 2strokes?
            my motor is a 2005 Suzuki DF140
            This is for the 4 strokes.
            Sorry for the delayed response.
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X