Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Control Unit Communication

2016 DF300AP's with ~800 hours.

While servicing my lower units / water pumps, I "partially" followed the service manual and disconnected the clutch lever but, unfortunately, did not cut power. BIG lesson learned here.

Had to drop the LU's several times to get the pumps right (over torque) and ran them several times with the lever disconnected.

Once I was ready to put everything back together, we noticed both shift actuators had over-actuated, essentially self destructed from what i was told by a tech.

Replaced both actuators (didn't touch anything else) with new parts but now get the Check Control Unit Communication error message.

My local tech suggests a harness is needed to plug into the ECM, and with a DVM make adjustments to the shift position sensor (described in the service manual). However, he doesn't have the harnesses and is being told one of the two is out of stock with no ship date.

Is it likely my problem lies with the shift position sensor adjustment or could it be something else? Can these adjustments be made without this difficult to obtain harness?

4th week on the hard now and this is killing me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I got the problem solved, tech came to the boat and basically did an initialization of the engine with his computer. Worked great and no need to adjust sensors.

Comment

Good to know. Lesson learned? Thanks.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
      X