Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle problem on old suzzuki 140

hi

i am having an idle problem with my veery old suzuki 140 outboard.
    i have not started it for a few years. it started an i went for a quick ride but when i was coming in, the throttle jammed. i switched the motor off then. after that i started it and it was idling very high. i could not get it in gear. i saw that the revving thing on the carbs are not touching the thing coming from the control box. it got late so i took the boat out. it looks like the carburetor is stuck or there is something wrong with the thing by the flywheel thing at the top of the engine. when i push the throttle forward, the carbs move and the thing by the flywheel.

can you please advize me on what to do.
    i also have a trim motor that works sometimes and doesnt sometimes. the relays are clicking but the motor does not turn

thanks

what motor please
    HUMAN-BUILT = HUMAN-FIXED

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

it is a suzuki dt140 from about 1970-1980.
      with a white cover.
      it is 2 stroke

Comment

I assume that you will have sorted it out by now but if you havent heres what i would do.
        Strip and clean carbs.
        Remove throttle linkages clean and grease them
        Make sure control cables operate smoothly and throttle returns to correct idle position,you may have free play in the control box.
        You will have to adjust/balance the carbs when refitted.
        Check that you have the correct ignition timing setting.

Do this and it should run well again.

Comment

As for your trim motor not running but clicking i seem to remember that they have a bimetallic strip inside the motor under the cover which acts as a resetting fuse.
          If the seal has been broken maybe some water has got in and corroded the connections.

Comment

Working...
          X