2018 DF 200 "Rev Limit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 DF 200 "Rev Limit"

While trolling on main yesterday, "Rev Limit" indicator was activated several times with a beep sound. typically happened when RPM's were near 1,000.

Some sort of an error code?

Did you have Troll Mode engaged.?

Comment

i doubt it, because I'm unsure how that happens.

Comment

i don't have a troll mode switch installed on my boat.

Comment

UPDATE!!!!
          I read on another forum that it may have something to do with water in the low pressure fuel filter. BINGO, took apart last night, drained and ran this morning in marina. Error code went away.
          3 beeps with Rev Limit light on equals water in fuel filter.

Thanks, Kohl

Comment

Have you not got a water separating fuel filter between you fuel tank and the emgine????

It is absolutely essential that you have one of these. ESSENTIAL!!!!! Racor make a good one.

if you do already have a watr separating filter, the fact that water has made it to your engine filter suggests that it is already full of water and needs to be changed. Immediately.

You also need to figure out how the water got into your fuel tank!!

Comment

it certainly does.
              i didn't physically notice water in the gas. disconnected the filter, drained it, unplugged sensor and installed everything back together.
              It may have been the unplugging of the sensor that cleared the code.
              really bad gas???

Comment

It is certainly possible to get a really bad tank of gas. Next time you repace or empty any of the filters, dump the contents into a clear glass jar and you will soon see any water and crap separate out on the bottom.

If I were you, I would watch that water separating filter closely, if its the kind with a clear lower bowl, you can see water and contaminants in there.

I would replace the external filter element again after the next tankfull, as there is still likely to be contaminated fuel in the tank.

generally, codes on the Suzukis will only clear when the issue causing them has been rectified. So if it is no longer sensing water, the code will clear.

Comment

pulled the main fuel filter/water separator last night. no water present.
                  must have been the sensor.

thanks so much for all the information.

Comment

Working...
                  X