No announcement yet.

2006 DF-250 Key Ignition (How to test)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 DF-250 Key Ignition (How to test)

I have been trying to pin point why my 2006 DF-250 will not start. The scenario I am having is just like a bad neutral safety switch. I have checked both of them with a multi meter and they are functioning properly. The fuses are good. I have power going to the motor including the sub fuse feed. Power to the relays. Everything has power. Jumped starter and it turns over. I am leaning towards the ignition switch or possibly the kill switch. When I check for continuity with the kill switch I do not get a closed circuit like the neutral safety switch. Instead I read around 300 resistance if I worded that correctly. I believe it is either the kill switch or key ignition switch. Could some one please describe how to properly check leads off of key and kill switch with a multi meter? I really would rather not throw parts at it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Have you tried bypassing the kill switch with a jumper wire?

Comment

Yes I have.

Comment

do you have a copy of the service manual?
        or search on line?
        look for the wiring schematic

Did you read the sticky on the “white wire”?

is the high pressure pump charging for 3 or 4 seconds when you turn the ignition key to the ‘on’ position?
        Art

Comment

Hi I had the same problem the other day.. Nothing happened when i turend the key, no beep no nothing. I did like you and check the kill switch, neuteral switch etc. nothing. Then i checked the "white wire" fuse, the fuse looked okey but when i pulled it out it all fell appart. The fuseholder was very corroded inside.. Changed the fuseholder with a new waterproof fusholder and everything worked fine.. Wite wire.pdf
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mjeller1; 09-11-2018, 02:42 AM.

Comment

White wire fuse is good. Power everywhere to relays, past sub fuse feed etc. relays even check to be good with continuity but going to check them for 12v. If not the relays then it must be the ecu. High pressure pumps chargeres as it should

Comment

When I say check relays for 12v I mean the switch is working and the load side does have a closed circuit but maybe the contacts are bad and 12v is not passing through. If that makes any sense

Comment

Relays are new and still nothing. Posting new subject to see if anyone knows how to test ecu.

Comment

If it were me I would replace the starter solenoid. They are not that expensive.and easy to change. Good Luck

Comment

I had this same problem turned out to be on brown wire ......Follow that brown wire from the back of key switch to plug at the main harness check for power on both sides for power while holding key in start position.

Comment

Working...
                    X