Gasoline tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasoline tank

I just got a 2009 DF60 did they have vented Gasoline tanks or non vented ?
    Last edited by mdhippy; 09-12-2018, 06:46 PM.

All Tanks are Vented, well ever since the 2 line OMC's of the 50's.

Be it through the cap or a Vent on the cap.

Comment

The 2014 DF25A that I have has not got a vented gasoline tank ?
      Last edited by mdhippy; 09-13-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Uh-huh.Well, to which of these Suzuki fuel tanks or cap are you referring as unvented? These are the only tanks branded by Suzuki. Engine size is immaterial.
        https://store.suzukimarine.com/c/mai...ems_fuel-tanks
        Last edited by Harper; 09-14-2018, 08:27 AM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

EPA with pressure regulator?

https://www.suzuki.ca/?q=en/node/4215

Comment

found an article that explains all fuel tanks since 2011 are the EPA non-vented type closed system type
            art

Comment

I think the answer depends on your definition of "vented". My understanding is that the EPA does not allow "exhaust venting" of fuel vapor from the tank. So my 2014 DF25A gasoline tank has a "one-way vent" that allows air INTO the tank, but does not allow air or fuel vapor to exhaust OUT OF the tank. This is why the plastic tank gets "pregnant" in the sun. I believe the older OMC fuel systems pressurized the tank and depended on that pressure to deliver fuel to the engine. But my DF25A does not require or depend on pressure in the tank for the engine to work. At one point I was having some problems with my DF25A which I thought might be caused by a stuck vent valve on the fuel tank. I use two 3-gal tanks, so I replaced one of the fuel caps with an older-style "vented" cap with a screw-down vent that could be opened or closed. Now one of my tanks has an old-style screw-vent cap, and the other has a new-style one-way vented cap. The motor runs the same on either one. I believe what the motor can NOT tolerate is a "closed" tank which would draw down a vacuum as fuel is used. (Opposite of a pregnant tank.)

Comment

Ok so the 2009 DF 60 would be considered the open system type , Thank for the help guys

Comment

I got something else going on with this engine too
                  it is giving me the code 1-1 book says check engine
                  Rectifier & regulator (Over-charging) ? any help hear

Comment

Working...
                  X