Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to test/troubleshoot 2006 Suzuki DF-250 ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to test/troubleshoot 2006 Suzuki DF-250 ECU?

I made another thread about testing ignition but figured I should make a new topic about how to test ecu. Still will not turn over. High pressure fuel pump primes. White wire with sub fuse is good and has power. Both relays are brand new. Both neutral safety switches are good. I’m lost at this point and beginning to think it’s the ecu. Any way to troubleshoot ecu and if it is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At this point the best bet would be to get it to a Suzuki mechanic who is expert in using the Suzuki Diagnostic System (SDS), they will hook it up to the computer and I expect that they will know within 10 minutes exactly what is wrong, and if the ecu is the problem or something else.

It is possible to buy the SDS software and connection cables off ebay, I dont think they are genuine but several forum members have purchased and used them. You will need a laptop computer running windows, I believe that the system requirements for the computer are stated with the software purchase details. Of course, plugging the motor into the SDS computer on the one hand, and knowing how to run tests and diagnose the issues by using the SDS, are two different things and would no doubt require some knowledge and experience.

here is one example I found after a quick search on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Suzuki-...-/123068841895
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-15-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X