Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kill switch doesn’t work/jumped wires and still didn’t kill motor???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill switch doesn’t work/jumped wires and still didn’t kill motor???

Been chasing down gremlins on 2006 Suzuki 250. First motor wouldn’t start. Turns out ground wire to starter relay was problem. Ran ground so now not starts but kill switch doesn’t work. Jumped wires from harness that feed kill switch and still didn’t kill motor. I’m beginning to think it’s the ecm. Any suggestions?

could be bad ground on kill switch. Jump and go to ground and see if it kills motor.

Comment

I'm guessing, if your ground to starter was a problem, and the kill switch operates by grounding-out the ignition circuit to kill the motor firing signal... top me this would indicate you have ground connection issues on your motor. Best to find and repair those corroded or broken connections for your motor to work properly.

Good luck, post back when able to let us know what you find.

Comment

sounds like you wired around the problem so you must have changed the the wiring circuit somehow
        Get the service manual and study the wiring
        the White Wire feeds the ignition switch, the kill switch etc
        the power then feeds back to the ECM that then powers up everything else
        the kill switch is designed to interrupt that power and shut down the engine
        Art

Comment

Working...
        X