Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to winterize a Suzuki 200hp outboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to winterize a Suzuki 200hp outboard?

For the first time in my life I have to winterize our boat. We moved up north. I want to make sure that we don’t do any damage to the boat or the motor over the winter. Going to take it out tomorrow for the last time this season. It gets bitter cold up here. What should I absolutely do to make sure The boat and motor are ok? Most of my supplies will have to come from Walmart or order online because the closest Marine store is an hour and a half away. We have a Suzuki 200. Thanks in advance!

Also, I always have problems putting on the ear muffs. I read somewhere (a different site) that I have to cover something up (seperate intake hole) with tape for them to work properly. It doesn’t mention anything about this in the owners manual.

Comment

Not sure about winterising because here in Australia it is never required!

Re the muffs, just use the inexpensive small round soft ones, they work fine without doing anything else. The square or rectangular ones dont fit the shape of the Suzuki leg well.

Comment

Drain alll water from the bilge, live wells and anywhere water might sit. I give my boat a good cleaning also. The bare minimum you really need to do is change the lower unit oil in case water has leaked into the lower unit, I also change the engine oil so no harsh chemicals. Give your battery a charge and move it to a warmer location if feasible. If not, then plan on replacing your battery a little sooner than normal. Run fuel stabilizer through the fuel system. To fog the engine or not, I put about a tablespoon of engine oil in the spark plug holes and crank it over for a few seconds. Grease all lubrication points, this will also drive water out. Leave the engine tilted in the down position so rain water can’t accumulate in the exhaust port.

Read the “Sticky” note on page 1 of this forum re Winterizing your boat.
        Last edited by Murray; 10-15-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X