Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF90A 2010 not firing

Hello,
    I have a Suzuki DF90A, 2010, 012390 Apr.
    The engine is cranking, everything is functioning well but no firing, i did all the diagnosis on all the components nothing is wrong but no firing, coils are good also plugs.
    I connected my scanner and after completing the scanner i got the following fault: Cam position Sensor (CMP) (ATT).
    I replaced it the same fault remains.
    I verified everything: wiring connectivity, power, ground...nothing is wrong but engine doesn't start.
    Fuel circuit is good
    Crank position sensor is good also the gap is 0.75mm
    Any one can help?
    Thank you

You didn’t mention the emergency stop switch?

Comment

hello Murray,
      Thank you for the fast response!
      The emergency stop switch seems to be okay because when i engage the landyard the engine cranks but if i don't it wouldn't crank!
      What do you think is t a proof that it's working properly?
      Thank you

Comment

Emergency stop switch appears to be working then. The error code CMP you are getting would make sense, failure symptom without the CMP sensor input signal the ECM does not output the ignition and fuel injection signal. A quote from my service manual (2009 DF90A). That would make sense, engine cranks but no fuel or spark. I would suggest that you trace the CMP sensor wires looking for loose/poor wire and or connections. Did you check the plugs that you disconnected when you hooked up the scanner? Maybe the plug isn’t making a good connection? The manual has a troubleshooting procedure on measuring voltage at the ECM wiring harness. Do you have a manual? If not then I would suggest you get one these electrical issues can be a real pain!

selffixer dot com has a manual (pdf) best money you will spend on your Suzuki
        Last edited by Murray; 10-20-2018, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Had a reply all typed out and tried to put a link in for a service manual and the forum *****istration wouldn’t let me post the reply, hopefully it will show up at some point. Your emergency shut off appears to be working. The ECM requires an input signal from the CMP sensor, no signal then no output signal to the ignition or the fuel injection system. When you hooked up the scanner did you get a good contact when you plugged the wires back in? You state the fuel circuit is good, if the problem is with the CMP or the wiring then you shouldn’t be getting fuel to the injectors nor spark to the plugs.

Comment

For a manual, all one word, s e l f f i x e r you know the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
              Had a reply all typed out and tried to put a link in for a service manual and the forum *****istration wouldn’t let me post the reply, hopefully it will show up at some point. Your emergency shut off appears to be working. The ECM requires an input signal from the CMP sensor, no signal then no output signal to the ignition or the fuel injection system. When you hooked up the scanner did you get a good contact when you plugged the wires back in? You state the fuel circuit is good, if the problem is with the CMP or the wiring then you shouldn’t be getting fuel to the injectors nor spark to the plugs.
              Hello,
              I have the Service Manual, and as mentioned before, Fuel circuit is good, CMP is good, connection is good, bu t the "check engine light" is showing 2-4 codes(CMP) also my scanner(TEXA Evolution) .
              i still have one option only: it could be a bad ECM??
              Or do you have any other suggestions.?
              Thank you

Comment

I guess it could be the ECM. Don’t hear too many posts on this forum of faulty ECM. I assume you tested the CMP sensor as per service manual. As far as testing the ECM I have no idea what to tell you, never had to get that deep into electrical issues. Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable members will chime in. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray View Post
                  I guess it could be the ECM. Don’t hear too many posts on this forum of faulty ECM. I assume you tested the CMP sensor as per service manual. As far as testing the ECM I have no idea what to tell you, never had to get that deep into electrical issues. Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable members will chime in. Good luck!
                  Thank you so much for your help

Comment

As posted on another site, it turns out this motor has no spark, don't know what ignition troubleshooting has been done since that was revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Marinexperts View Post

Thank you so much for your help
                      Hello
                      Today I got a chance to test the ECM on another DF90A and it's working then ECM is good!

Comment

ECM failures are pretty rare, especially on Japanese brands, you need to get your service manual and trouble shoot the ignition system from the very start, even what might seem obvious needs to be checked and tested as good, especially the wiring harness and grounds.

Comment

Maybe it’s time to consider taking it in to a Suzuki mechanic with the genuine Suzuki diagnostic equipment.

Comment

Working...
                          X