df140 wont crank, please advise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df140 wont crank, please advise.

Thanks in advance to any responses. I have twin df140's on a twin vee. The port engine wont crank but the normal alarm beeps and I do hear the primer/fuel injector when I turn the key. I changed the ignition, thinking that was the problem but no joy. I'm stumped what the issue could be as I used the boat without issue one day and the next day there was no cranking at all, just the alarm and fuel injector priming. I did check the starter and she will crank over if I apply power directly to engine from battery. appreciate your help, Jake.

Check out the White Wire sticky on page 1, offers suggestions.

Comment

will do, thank you.

Comment

The white wire problem is most often when you get no power to the engines ECM
        having the high pressure pump charge the fuel rail tells me that part is working.
        a couple of suggestions might be to verify the relays are working and the fuses are good
        the relays in the fuse box are identical so you can swap one for the other
        next would be wiring - make sure there is no corrosion - start with the battery cables especially the ground side
        Art

Comment

And, check the neutral throttle switch on the engine. If it sends a signal to the ecu that the engine is in gear, it wont allow the starter motor to crank.

Comment

Moonlighter-
            i was thinking it might be the neutral safety switch, so I put the starboard shifter in gear and tried to to crank that engine to see if the fuel pump would prime (remember on the bad engine, the fuel pump kicks on when i turned the key but the starter does not engage). It turns out that the starboard engine, when the starting in gear, does not engage the fuel pump, so I eliminated that.

Comment

eliminated that idea*

Comment

Did you test the start in gear switch on the motor? not just the one in the control.

Comment

how about the neutral safety switch at the remote control
                  this subject has not come up for a while but worth checking
                  Art

Comment

I think he said he checked that, although I am not exactly sure on the test procedure used.

Comment

Wondering if anyone every got a solution for this. I have this same problem. Just got a used motor, and new wiring harness and white wire that all came from Suzuki. I have jumped both the brown wire at the key for the bennicle neutral switch and the neutral switch by the shift linkage in the motor. Still can’t get motor to try to crank. Please help

Comment

First thing, verify that the starter is capable of cranking the engine, pull the spade off the solenoid and run a jumper to the main battery cable on the solenoid the motor should crank over, if it does come back on the forum and I will tell you where to start looking.

Comment

Working...
                        X