DF6A No spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF6A No spark

Motor not even 12 months old. Just quit on me, there is no spark, not near a dealer. Phone support to spe******t said most likely igniter coil, ordered new (came with out cap), order new cap, new plugs. Still not spark. Went through engine cut out and it's fine (not grounding out coil when engaged), even tried completely disconnecting it, still no spark...there's not much else that can go wrong, no CDI, no electronic....has me baffled? any idea what I can try or do...thanks

not familiar with smaller engines but does this model have a neutral safety switch ?
    I know with larger models topic comes up
    Art

Comment

These models don't have a neutral safety switch. The pull starter is manually blocked when in gear. If all those things are checked then the flywheel can be the culprit. The magnets in the flywheel are generating the current icw the igniter coil. But first, check all the grounds, especially from the igniter coil. Also the spark plug cap and wire should be checked thoroughly. But your motor still has warranty, better to bring it to a dealer then throw money at it?
      Regards, Martin
      DF200 2007

Comment

Thanks Martin, Yep as you say, just flywheel and igniter coil. All the HT side components have been changed out, so can only be the flywheel magnets? odd that this should happen on what is a relatively solid part. I am way offshore and no dealer on the islands, so that is why I have been trying to trouble shoot myself, when back on mainland it's off to the nearest dealer.

Comment

Never experienced an issue with the flywheel but you never know. Have you checked the spark plug cap for a solid connection?. Perhaps pniksnut can chime in.
          Last edited by Hoosmatroos; 11-01-2018, 10:54 AM.
          Regards, Martin
          DF200 2007

Comment

brand new ignitor coil, brand new cap, brand new plug (ordered 3)?? Has me baffled as well, but Thanks for suggestion/support

Comment

Working...
            X