2015 115 with no spark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 115 with no spark.

My 115 turns over normal but fails to run. I have taken one of the plugs out and turned the engine over and it appears there is no spark. What should I check first?

Look for 2 fuses a 15amp and a 30amp. (That’s what mine has 2009 DF90) Battery charged up and in good shape?

Comment

I have checked all the fuses I could find. The fuse box at the motor and a 15 amp up near the tach's in the wiring harness. Engine turns over normal.

Comment

Battery at 12 volts or higher? All connections free of corrosion and a tight/secure fit?

Comment

12.7 volts

Comment

Going to take all the wires off of the batteries and clean them all. They look good just looking at them, but I will still clean them.

Comment

The kill switch isnt pulled is it.?

Comment

With the kill switch pulled the engines will not turn over.

Comment

Interface cables not getting power.

04-02-2018, 12:06 PM
                  I have 2015 Suzuki 115's on my boat. I had the engines interfaced with my Garmin chart plotter and the data was displayed on my 4208. (I set it up with a Lowrance machine) OK with that said my boat sank at my house. The engines were totally underwater but the console remained above the water. I have since installed new engine harnesses on both motors and they are running sweet. I thought my interface cables had gone bad due to the cables being in the water. I ordered the new interface cables and a Suzuki multi function gauge's. I hook everything up and the gauge does not see the interface cables. Is there and inline fuse somewhere on the engine harness I can't find? Are the interface cables powered by the engines or from the 2000 network? I can check voltages if I knew where to check at. Thanks for any help, Scott

I looked back at your older post,(quoted above) it would’ve been helpful to know “the engines were totally underwater” I was thinking your problem should be fairly simple, it’s only 3years old... I would suggest you get a service manual if you don’t already have one. I’m guessing you will have to test every electrical component in the starting circuit. Having 2 engines will help, you at least have a reference. Good luck, electrical issues can test your patience.

Comment

I have just noticed that the fuel pump does not run when I turn the key to on. I have not had a chance to see if I have power at the plug or not. The main relay does pull in.

Comment

Update. I checked the spark at the plugs again and it indeed does fire. I guess the sun was so bright I didn't see it the first time. I pulled the fuel vapor separator off of the engine. You can remove it without taking the intake off. You will need a 10 mm ratchet wrench with the pivot head. (prior to pulling it I hooked up 12 volts to it and the pump would not run). I pulled the pump out of the housing and removed the pump. I hooked up 12 volts directly to the pump and it will not run. I ordered a new pump and installed it. Put the unit back on the boat and tried to start it up. It would not run (will turn over). Knowing the pump was bad I went back and checked the fuel pump fuse and it had indeed blown. I changed it out and now the engine fires up and runs as it should. Thanks for the help!! I just thought I would update the post so I would not let you guys be wondering what was wrong with the engine. Hopefully this can help someone in the future. Thanks again, Capt Scott!

Comment

Working...
                      X