df140a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df140a

i have a 2013 df140a and has under 200 hrs on...last year i had a code 5-3 which is the oil pressure switch.....i got the switch replaced and all was fine till yesterday when i got the same 5-3 AGAIN.the code went off when i was starting on the trailer so i just turned off..restarted several times and then i just went away...since replaced around a year ago ive done less than 40hrs....could i possible have another issue or am i just unlucky and maybe got a dud switch? checked oil level and that seems ..when i finally took off from the ramp the motor didnt miss a beat and while out for the day i restarted sveral times and no code....when i flushed motor at home no code...next morning i went out and turned the key and the code was there again....i tried the oil change reset sequence with the kill switch and it went....not sure if coincidence or not...any ideas?

Possibly low voltage related.

How old is your battery?

When was the last time the battery leads were removed, cleaned, lugs and leads inspected for corrosion, then lugs greased and reattached to battery and tightened?

Battery master switch connections also checked and cleaned as per above?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      Possibly low voltage related.

How old is your battery?

When was the last time the battery leads were removed, cleaned, lugs and leads inspected for corrosion, then lugs greased and reattached to battery and tightened?

Battery master switch connections also checked and cleaned as per above?
      thanks for the reply...all the terminals/connections are clean and free from any corrosion...got me stumped....i have OPTIMA batteries(someone told me were not really suitable for suzuki outboards ,but they are the ones designed for marine use and are dual purpose( deep cycle and cca)...and i had them longer than ive had this issue..

Comment

Hello, did you end up sorting out the issue with your oil pressure switch? I am having a similar issue. Voltage is good

Comment

Working...
        X