Can not start suzuki df6 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not start suzuki df6 2014

Hi guys, I have the Suzuki df6 2014 outboard motor. Last time When I was on water, the water stops coming out and engine shut down. Seems like the motor was overheating. Before shut down it was working less than 1 minute. Now I can't start motor. I checked the spark. I replaced spark plug, ignition unit, cleaned carburetor. No luck. Could you advice what to check next?

Thanks,
    Alex

Need to check compression to determine that there is no damage from over heating. If you find the compression within specification then is has to be fuel or ignition issues.

Jim

Comment

Seems like I found the problem. The valve push rod goes out from guide. As a result, the exhaust valve was closed constantly and motor could not start. From my perspective it’s design flaw of Suzuki.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, Maybe you have manual for valve clearance adjustment. Thanks, Alex

Comment

Your valve was most likely out of adjustment prior to over heating and that just manifested the problem. You should torque the head bolts then adjust the valve. The Suzuki valve design is a proven design and I double that it is a poor design.
          You should be able to find a service manual on line for free.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X