DF60A problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF60A problems

Hi Sorry to hijack this. Bu how the hell do you start a new topic!! I have problems with a DF60A and want to start a new topic. Please advise.

Made it a new thread for you.

For future ref, just go to main page http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...rd-parts-forum

and then hit the “New Topics” button (in blue box) near the top. Just above the sticky threads that are highlighted in yellow.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-09-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks Moonlight

I hope someone can give me advise. I bought second hand DF60A 2010 models with 350 hours on. I had them fitted as well as a fuel water separator. I started the motors on Thursday and Friday evening with ear muffs as the first outing with the motors is Saturday morning. On both evenings they started without any issues and I probably ran them for a bout 2 to 3 minutes each. Got to the slip Saturday morning and my starboard motor start without issues but the port motor start and run for about 5 seconds and then died. I tried to start it about 4 or 5 times and then realised I did not prime it and as I touched the bulb it is soft so I realised it is a fuel issue. My starboard motor have now also died as both motors run of the same water separator. I primed the bulbs until both were hard and tried to start the motors. My starboard motor started without and issue but my port motors does not want to start. The bulb is extremely hard. Can someone please give me some pointers and possible causes and solutions. Thanks and greetings from South Africa!!

Comment

Start with some basics -

1. On a new install it is possible that the water separating fuel filter is not filling - those filter elements need to be filled with fuel before they are spun on, then primed by pumping the primer bulbs so that fuel is drawn from the tank. Also check that there is no air leaks at the fuel hose connections.

2. The fuel tank breather may be blocked - check that by undoing the tank filler cap if you hear air suck in you have a breather problem. Though usually you would have soft/squashed bulbs for this to be the issue.

3. Are the primer bulbs installed facing the correct direction? Arrow on bulb must be pointing towards the engine and bulb should be sitting upright with engine end at top.

4. Is the electronic fuel pump priming for a few seconds when the key is turned to the “on” position (where there is a beep?) but before the engine is cranking? You should hear it especially if you take the cowl off.

5. Check voltage and wiring connections because these engines do not like low voltage conditions.

Comment

Thanks. Will check tonight and revert back with findings

Comment

I took the boat to the Suzuki dealer and it was the high pressure fuel pump. Thanks Moonlight

Comment

Good that you found the problem.

We dont hear of hp pumps failing often - maybe just bad luck? Was there any sign of water in the water separating filter?

Comment

No Moonlighter - I tried a couple of times to start it when the fuel did not go through the filter. Maybe because of a dry start. Don't know.

Comment

My guess is the previous owner ran out of fuel running the pump dry. Fuel pumps much like water pumps require fuel or water for cooling and lubrication.

Comment

Working...
                  X