DF90A Thermostat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90A Thermostat ?

I would like to change the thermostat on my 2012 DF90A and see there are two options available. A 60c or a 71c . I run the motor in southern California mostly (high 50f to mid70f water) but sometimes go south to warmer water temps of high 70c to low 80c. Need advice on which to buy. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Curtlj; 12-30-2018, 06:11 PM.

I assume that you meant that the water temperature that you run in is 50F-70F not 50C-70C.

I would run the hotter thermostat, the engine will run more efficient and less carbon build up. I run the 71C thermostats in the WA state, our water temperatures run between 45F-70F

Jim

Comment

yes mid 50f to mid 70f normally. Thanks for the reply. After warm up and the thermostat opens while running at around 4200 rpm, will there be a different motor operating temperature between the two different thermostats? I ordered the 60c Friday. Not seeing a response I wish I had waited, but the parts person recommend the 60c. I do a lot of idling and I guess that the motor would run warmer with the 71c which might be better for it. Oh well live and learn.
      Last edited by Curtlj; 12-31-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I personally would also opt for the 71°C 'stat, but the 60° is the standard temp. You should be fine.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

My dealer said if I troll a lot to go with the 71

Comment

the problem with the 60" thermostat is that sometime's it stays to cold and you get fuel in your engine oil . put in the 71' thermostat and you get chalk in your cooling system and cooling problems (overheating) . i run the 60' thermostat and check the oil regualar. if the level rises i change the oil . for 10 years and 600 hours it works for me

Comment

Working...
            X