Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200A electrical noise being induced into stereo system

Hi All,

I have a 2018 DF200A on a three month old boat and have finally got around to putting a stereo in and have noticed that there is a little bit of noise coming through the speakers when the motor is turned on.
    The setup is an aluminum plate boat with dual batteries, Fusion Apollo headunit wired to the fusebox and common busbar for ground. Two four channel Hertz amplifiers bridged to run four speakers and these are directly connected to the battery switch via 2AWG cable and a 60Amp circuit breaker.
    I have tried connecting the headunit power and ground directly to the batteries but this didn't solve the issue. I have tried ferrite cores on the power leads to the head unit and RCA to RCA noise suppressors on both amps but neither of these things did anything.

Does anyone know if the Suzuki alternators have some kind of noise suppressor on them or if it is possible to fit one and exactly where it goes. I took the cowling off and there appears to be two thin red and black wires connecting to a joiner at the transom side that appear to come from the stator/altenator on top of the engine but they looked a little small to be the main charging cables I thought.

Any help and or pics/diagrams would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

DF200A

Hi, welcome to this forum. I assume that the noise is gone when the motor is stopped?
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosmatroos View Post
      Hi, welcome to this forum. I assume that the noise is gone when the motor is stopped?
      Hi, thanks for the welcome.

Yes it was only there when the motor was going. I ended up finding a ground loop and fixing that so it's now all good. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X