Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 60hp interface cable to NEMA

Evening All
    I have ordered the interface cables from Brownspoint, and should arrive in Australia tomorrow, and set up my NEMA backbone ready for connection.
    I have attached a picture of the connectors that I assume I connect the interface cables to, can anyone point me in the right direction of which one is used please.
    I have numbers items from 1 to 5 that’s to help identify 588B3DBB-0278-4C7A-BE2C-EF397E13BA14.jpeg

The interface cable attaches to the plug in the black rubber holder that you have numbered “2”. That is called the SDS plug. Its the same plug that the mechanic connects their laptop to to do engine diagnostics using the Suzuki SDS program.

No other plugs are used. Even though the interface cable has a extra 2 pin plug for trim connection, it is no longer used because trim data now goes thru the main 4 pin connection in A series engines.

However, you will need a SDS adapter cable, because the interface cable will not connect directly to the SDS plug without one. You can buy them or you can make one yourself - see the sticky thread at the top of the forum about Suzuki networks, there are instructions there. It would be highly recommended to have a read of the paper attcahed to that thread, it will help you to understand how this all works.

The SDS adapter cable sold by dealers in Australia is 6m long which is great because it means that it will run from the SDS plug on the engine, back through the rigging tube and up to the dash on most boats. That means that it can plug into its T piece up there wehere it is clean dry and cool. So if you make one yourself make it that long. If you buy a shorter one from the US, you can simply cut it in half and solder and heat shrink in a long extension to achieve the same result.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter, I’ll give that a crack tomorrow, when I get home.

Comment

Moonlighter, got it all together and works perfect, thanks for you help once again.

Comment

Excellent!

Happy if I was of some help.

Did you do the calibration of the trim gauge and get it set up OK?

I always recommend post initial installation that you do a fuel calibration check. The intent is that once done, you then know that you can rely on your fuel used/remaining data. So it is an important procedure.

Steps are simple:

1. Go and fill your tank to full as you would normally. Make a note of the petrol station and pump used. The system should already be set to full from when you did the initial setup including setting fuel tank capacity. Just make sure fuel used = 0.

2. Go fishing and use at least 1/4 tank of fuel, but the more, the better. 2/3 tank is great.

3. On the way home from said fishing trip, go back to the same petrol station and if possible the same pump. Refill the tank same as before. Do not leave it several days to refill, do it immediately. (Evaporations from the tank if left partially filled will corrupt the results if you delay)

4. Now, compare the fuel actually used to what the system says. If it is within 1-2% I would generally say leave it alone, if it is more than a 2% variation do a calibration process which can easity be done if you are using a SMIS gauge, C-10 or a Lowrance or Simrad display to calibrate fuel flow as part of the refuel process.

(I recently helped a member of my fishing club set up his Suzuki network. After calibrating a couple of times he tells me he is now consistently within 0.5% - his last fill took 59.97 litres and the system said he had used 60.3 litres. I also consistently get similar results.)

In the fuel menu, select refuel, then select set to full, and enter. It will give you the option to calibrate so do that and follow the prompts to complete. This process can ONLY BE DONE on one of those aforementioned displays that are being used to display the engine data. You didnt mention what display you are using to show engine data, so not sure which one but the procedure is pretty similar on them all.

cheers!
          Last edited by Moonlighter; 01-09-2019, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter, I’ll work on that.

Comment

Working...
            X