Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting RID of Suzuki Multi Gauge

Hi Folks,

I have a 2015 DF200AP #20003p-510xxx that has a multi gauge 4.3 suzuki #34200-87L12, unfortunately, This gauge sucks and i doubt that it is NMEA 2k certified since their product are certified on : 4/29/2015 according to NMEA.org .

connection DF200AP.jpgpicture 02.jpgWhatsApp Image 2018-12-27 at 3.47.46 PM.jpeg

I would to get RID of this gauge and share the NMEA to Lowrance TI-7 but when i check the under the cowl i notice that SDS and trim connectors are used by BCM harness since it is fly by wire model.

I tried to used the shared NMEA on the back of 34200-87L12 but i am totally believing it doesn't have NMEA since its 2012 product. but i am not preferring to install this screen.

Any advice how remove the gauge and get establish NMEA 2k?
    Global Meta Tag Description

Its going to be a big job .... and quite a few $$

You dont say which country you are in - must be outside USA? Helful for us to know so we can be sure what gauge is involved.

I think that must be an early version of the current Suzuki colour gauge that is now supplied as OEM by Suzuki everywhere except the USA.

Maybe you could talk with a local dealer about getting the current version?? Its a lot better I think.

Because its a fair job to set up the system without it, and by ONLY displaying engine data on a MFD such as the Elite Ti, you will lose all engine fault codes, service reminders and alarms. Which may not be a good thing. Actually, IS NOT a good thing.

Your current gauge should have a NMEA2000 output plug on the back. They did have 2 versions early on, one that only accepted GPS data into the gauge and the other shard data both ways to and from the network. Your dealer would be able to tell you which version yours is from the model number.

If it is the good one that data goes both ways, the simplest solution is to keep it and set up a simple N2K network, connect it and the Lowrance to the network, then you can show whatever info you want on the Lowrance and keep the gauge for basic simole stuff.

This gauge performs the same functions as the Suzuki engine interface cable, and if you take it out, you will need to replace it with a Suzuki interface cable and special adapter cable for the AP model engines in order to get data into any MFD or if you get the US Suzuki C-10 colour gauges.

Comment

i am from United Arab Emirates , UAE.

To be honest, recently i changed my boat and and during the last two year i experience two failure of this gauge. It was replaced on warranty for two times but these gauges are not any more available. if it fail, i will have a big square hole in my center console.

unfortunately, my local dealer sucks and he doesn't have any idea if my gauge has a nema output or NO.

if you refer to manual for gauge 34200-87L12 https://www.suzuki.hu/marine/files/d...talog_2014.pdf

you will notice that they are using the Comm port to extended the GPS signal to the second station.

However, if you refer to 34200-87L10 https://vodnik.1000size.ru/uploads/f...tion-Gauge.pdf

you will see that NMEA shared with Suzuki SMIS which is not shown in the first manual as a Result i do believe that 34200-87L12 is not Full duplex comm device.

i am trying my best to avoid suzuki gauges due to bad experience.

with reference to your highlights, have three option
      1) Get rid of the gauge and install Suzuki engine interface cable but no fault alarm or service.
      2) Keep the gauge for engine alarms and install engine interface in parallel ??
      3) upgrade to C10 and have comm cable to my NMEA backbone.

My most preference is 2 then 1 and last 3.

BUT, can i achieve a parallel connection using PN#36661-98J10-000 with PN#990C0-88149-350 ??

Comment

I doubt if you can have a parralel connection using both the current gauge and the Suzuki interface and adapter - reason is that the adapter and interface connect to the SDS plug on the engine however that plug is already used to connect to the harness to send digital data to the dash area for your current gauge.

Your option 1 plus add a C-10 to give you fault codes and alarms might be worth considering??

Have a read of the info paper on Suzuki networks that I wrote - it is linked to the first post on this thread:

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...a2000-networks

Your other option is to contact a Suzuki dealer for example in Australia, and see if they can supply you with one or two of the new Suzuki OEM gauges used here and in most other countries. I only hear good reports about this gauge, and it should plug in directly where your current gauge connects. The only thing is that it fits in a standard round 4” gage hole.

Here is some info

https://www.suzukimarine.com.au/part...unction-gauge/

Here is a link to my local dealer, they are very good you can contact them via their website, they may be ale to help you out.

http://www.baysidesuzukimarine.com/n...SAAEgJmO_D_BwE

Comment

Working...
        X