DT 200 engine height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 200 engine height

Had to take off motor of 22.5 deck boat to install hydraulic steering. Anybody have any recommendations as to how high to mount engine?

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...the-right-prop

From the “Sticky” at the top of the forum. If the engine was set properly before you took the engine off it should go back the same place it was prior to removing the engine. Adding hydraulic steering shouldn’t change engine height?
    Last edited by Murray; 02-05-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I agree with Murray. If it was fine before you added the steering, put it back like it was.

What type of hull is on that 22.5 deck boat, just curious?

Good luck, post back when able.

Comment

2001 Hurricane, very mild tri-hull. Doing some experimenting with engine height. I know changing to hydraulic has no effect engine height, just trying to get most I can out of engine while staying within RPM range. It was in second to lowest hole so I moved it up one higher. Thanks

Comment

the thread from Murray was god info. The guy I got boat from said he had clocked it at 50+. At nearly 66 I do not think I want to go that fast. I am going to get engine height correct though. Thanks again

Comment

I think 50 on a 22+ hurricane is the best you'll get. And I wouldn't raise the motor at all, unless you're certain it is too deep? If you raise it too high, and the rpms spike too high, because it cavitates too much, there is a good chance of ruining that motor, it is very old.

You should NOT be running that motor above 5400 - 5500 rpms, if you want it to last a few more years.

If you're serious about more speed, go to a 2-blade speed prop for that motor. But keep the rpms down below 5500. You will lose the jump-up, on take off, but once you're on plane, watch the rpms, and speed.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X