DTS 250 lots of codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTS 250 lots of codes

0F508688-8C6A-4D69-ABEF-3E1DCB18C667.jpegC7D75828-3E40-4ED3-AAAB-50AB466FA641.jpeg I have a 2017 DTS 250
    its throwing about 20 codes , codes for engines i don’t have, stations i don’t have etc...
    switched out the gauge and same issue
    putnthe computer on it and no hard codes show up
    ive replaced the battery switch all jumpers, cleaned all connections
    motor shuts down when to idle while running then throlltles up weakly. If I shut it off and restart it takes off like it should.
    I’m thinking the ecu..
    Dealer thinks the harness
    anybway to test either one?
    Anyone else have this issue?
    Also motor has around 1800 hours but the loaner Thisbe shows 941 then will show 00000 hrs...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Capttim; 02-17-2019, 10:02 AM.

Damn at the spelling mistakes lol fat thumbs and I can’t figure out how to edit

Comment

I would agree with the dealer - harness likely to have corrosion in it somewhere, possibly the white wire connection. It wont be the gauge. Although it is also worth checking the NMEA2000 network power supply connection.

Every time we hear of multiple false codes like this it is a wiring issue and usually where water has gotten into a joint or connector or fuse holder, or a wire in the harness has chafed somewhere and is shorting. Rarely an ecu. Very unlikely.

Read the sticky thread re white wire near the top of the forum. May give you some hints as to where to look too. Make sure the whire wire is connectd to the master battery switch + or start battery + and the dealer hasnt taken a shortcut and attached it to the starter motor.

(you can hit the edit button at the bottom RHS of your post and go back in and edit mistakes etc)

Comment

Thanks for the reply, white wire has new connectiing terminal ends, all connections have been wire brushed and cleaned.
        I think r next step is to get a wiring harnesses hook it up and run it and see if it acts up.
        I’ll definitely post the final results for future reference

Comment

Dont forget to check the network power connection - and while there, make sure all the connections to network T pieces are clean and tight. Bad power to the network can cause issues too. Especially the connection between the harness and the engine interface cable. If there is a fuse in the network power cable remove and check condition.
          Last edited by Moonlighter; 02-17-2019, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Gonna check all that tomorrow
            thanks

Comment

One other thought - which version interface cable have you got?

The new engines like yours must run a cable loaded with interface software Version 3.5.0. Running the wrong versiin will cause issues.

To check, in the gauge menu :

system/network/device list/suzuki device open it and it will pop up a screen showing details including software version. Should show as V3.5.0 xxxxx

Comment

Working...
              X