DF300 and C-10 gauge on 2.8 or 2.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF300 and C-10 gauge on 2.8 or 2.3

Hello, I am not sure if this has been answered and i have read but may have missed it, but id like to confirm that i can hook up a C10 to a 2007 DF300 engine interface running 2.8 SW or even 2.3. I went to research to purchase the C10 and the details on the product description stated that it will not work unless the engine interface software is 3.5.

Is this correct? Since i have 2007 engines, i dont want to go to 3.5, but i do want to get rid of my SMIS gauges...

thanks again.

also, the ad in the description of the C10 says: WORKS WITH: DF9.9B through 300 4 STROKE SUZUKI OUTBOARDS S/N 310001 AND UP.
    my engine serial number is serial#3001F-781547

is this a dealbreaker? damn i hate those SMIS guages...so burned out and can barely see them...

Comment

Many people are running C-10 with earlier engines than yours and with earlier interface software with no issues. I have confirmed this with Mike at International Marine Florida.

So you should be OK.

Dont change the interface software to anything later than 2.8, it will not work properly. If its working Ok now, I would just add the C-10’s and leave everything else.

Once the C-10’s are plugged in, turn the key on and turn every other device attached to the network on.

Then in one of the C-10’s menus, go into system/network and select the option to auto-select data sources. This resets all data sources on devices on the network to their logical positions and the gauges should then read engine data as expected.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-06-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

thank you, thank you!

Comment

No worries!

Please report back and let us know how it goes, its useful for others doing the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
            No worries!

Please report back and let us know how it goes, its useful for others doing the same thing!
            Yes!!! Inquiring minds want to know!!
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
            X