Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a 07 Suzuki be re-powered by the new 2018 or 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a 07 Suzuki be re-powered by the new 2018 or 2019?

My 2007 DF140 has 2000+ hours on it. I was looking at "Outboard Motor Online" and they have some Factory prices that normal people can't get. The motor ships with the controls, all gauges and a Suzuki SS prop of your choice. I have verified their business and it's the real deal. 30% down gets it shipped to your door. After verifying no damage, pay the balance. These have a Suzuki warranty.

I have a shop and could do all the work. I'm wondering about the wiring harness. But the fly by wire is pretty straight forward. Put on your Sea Star hydraulic steering and *** a new motor for 10K. Yeah you would have to redo your fiberglass dash, cause the gauges won't fit. But who cares.

Just sayin. Has anyone tried it yet. I tried to do a message search and have not found much.

Thanks for any direction,
    Briscoe

Do they show up on Suzuki USA’s list of Authorised Dealers?

If not, dont go there.

If it sounds too good to be true, it ALWAY IS!

Comment

I would be interested in the web site address, "outboard motor online" search just listed mostly motors up 30hp shipped to your address in factory box, etc.
      Thanks.

Comment

I should have been more specific on site www.yamaha-outboardsale.com

I have read several people re-powering with their motors. My question is: how would I re-power an 07 with a 2018. My Suzuki dealer threw a 20K number at me last year. My 07 is still running strong, saw a little smoke out of the exhaust my last 2 trips out. I didn't see a change in oil level, believe I'll make the season.

Continuing the swap discussion, if you read up on fly by wire Suzuki, the wiring harness ties into the new gauges, they even sell an adapter for an extension if needed. This new drive by wire are all inclusive in the purchase.

Has anyone re-powered their boat with a Drive By Wire motor?

Comment

Anybody read Chinese?
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
          X