DF175 - Gasoline in Oil (Crankcase)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After -

tank, to RACOR, to primer bulb, to engine.

Comment

If your in there, change out your primer bulb if it's a bit firm. Also contamination in the bulb can be ruled out then.
      Regards, Martin
      DF200 2007

Comment

Ok, got the Racor in, along with a one way check valve. I’ve found a mounting area for the filter and will mount this weekend. Instructions say to prime filter first by removing it, fill it gas and then put it back on - ok, I’m good with that - but how the hell do you unscrew the damn filter! Do they screw it on with a torque wrench?

Put n a vise to hold the the head, then attempted to use filter wrench with rubber strapping to twist off, but it’s on so tight I started to bend the filter in, so I stopped.

any suggestions?
        Andy
        Ford F250 4x4
        25' Tri-Toon
        Suzuki DF175 4S
        Work to Play

Comment

Place you strap wrench as close as possible to the filter head. I have found the strap wrenches with the wide fabric webbing cause less damage to filters. You may have to sacrifice the filter.

Jim

Comment

Hi All,

ok, got the VST in over the weekend and it arrived damaged, so having to return back to distributor. Will have to wait another week now. But, I was able to remove the filter from the Racor. I went to try to add the fittings to the open ports but having issues due to the over spray of paint into the threaded ports - just not my week....
            Andy
            Ford F250 4x4
            25' Tri-Toon
            Suzuki DF175 4S
            Work to Play

Comment

Tudunka,

Gasoline in the oil is not uncommon on Suzuki 4 stroke outboard that are idled for long periods of time. It is recommended that run the higher temperature thermostat that is offered,

Jim

Comment

Hi All,

Well, I received the replacement part and got it in pretty quick and after a few turns of the key, it started up and purred nicely - such a nice sound.

I do have a question, this has happened twice in the last year. Besides the VST, where else could gasoline get into the crankcase? Are there any gaskets, seals around the engine?

Also, working on the gas filter next.

Thank You all for the support - couldn't have done it with you guys.

Andy
                Ford F250 4x4
                25' Tri-Toon
                Suzuki DF175 4S
                Work to Play

Comment

Working...
                X