Help do I need new Anodes *PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help do I need new Anodes *PICS*

I have a 1.5 yea old Suzuki 200hp that has 250 hours on it. I have not replaced the anodes yet. Today I took them out and cleaned them with a wire brush. I was wondering if I have more life out of them or do they need to be replaced?

I would run them another year and then check again.

Jim

Comment

Replace them, they are doing their job and are really quite cheap, why tool around now you have them out?

Comment

The block anodes are more "done" then the external. I would run them another year. Keep then clean.
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

Originally posted by b1gdog83 View Post
          See pics please
          The external ones I would remove & wire wheel to shiny, the internal 5 I would shit can & replace with new. Cheap insurance. Use the Zink anodes if used in the Salt.
          Have a good one!!

Comment

Internals and the small round external on the swivel bracket are all aluminum anodes, not zinc. The only zincs are the large rectangular on the clamp and the small rectangular externals on the lower unit.

Personally, I'd run your anodes another year. I say there is plenty of life left in them. But as others have said, they're cheap. Your choice.
            Last edited by Harper; 04-10-2019, 05:06 PM.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

If you buy the Suzuki 100hr service kit, the internal anodes are included.

Comment

Working...
              X