Nmea fuel remaining resets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nmea fuel remaining resets

had everything nmea working great for over a year. 07 df175 displaying on a elite 7ti. The only thing I have done recently is change the battery switch out since the old one failed. The old switch was a 1-2-both-off type. The new one is blue seas on-off-both type with an acr. I made sure the Suzuki white wire is still straight into the battery. My issue is that the fuel remaining on my mfd resets to full or 85 gallons when I turn the blue seas switch to off. If I leave the switch on I can restart the outboard all day and continue counting down the fuel. Any ideas why this is an issue now?

What make/model MFD are we talking about?

Comment

Lowrance Elite 7 TI. I did recall resetting the "Fuel Used Trip" and "Fuel Used Season" before Friday's trip. I did turn the battery on yesterday in the driveway and hooked up the mfd just to see what happens and it actually showed ~75 gallons left which showed I did burn some fuel while out Saturday.
      Last edited by LPowers; 04-15-2019, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Likely a data source issue, so check the data source for the fuel used figure you are seeing.

Or just try doing a auto select for data sources.

I dont see why turning the main battery switch off would reset fuel used to zero. The fuel figure is retained in the interface memory module. If you want to check further, with engine key turned on, open the network menu in the Lowrance, then the device list, then select the Suzuki device and then select data, it should then list all available data including fuel used.

Comment

Do you think possibly everything got reset when I undid all the battery cables when I installed the new battery switch and ACR??

Comment

More likely it got a power spike and that may have done it.

If its working again just keep an eye on it.

Comment

Working...
            X