No spark DT40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spark DT40

I was running my DT40 today hooked up to a garden hose. This is an older mid 80s motor. It ran fine at idle. I put it in gear and ran it up . At the higher rpms it began to cough and sputter then it quit. I tried to restart it and discovered no spark. I tested all the electrical resistances all seemed to be ok. I took it apart and discovered the woodruff key had sheered.
    I replaced the key and reassembled but still have no spark. I have tried multiple cdi units and different stators ? I have also tested the kill switch and unplugged the low oil alarm ? Help ?

Let's be a little more specific on year model to start with. It can help with many motors.

What are the compression readings since running it up in higher rpms? Something you should not do if no load is on the motor.

Post back on the year model. Also the compressions.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!
      the model is 03502
      so actually a DT35
      I won’t be able to check the compression until tomorrow
      thanks

Comment

On figure #13, item part #5 & #6 should be checked by the service manual procedures to make sure they are good. Item #6 may not be adjusted properly and could be causing your problems. Check the manual for the mounting of that timing coil.

Good luck, post back what you find.

Comment

Did you post a picture? I don’t see a figure 13?
          Thx

Comment

Disregard my last post
            I found figure 13 and items 5 and 6
            thx

Comment

Working...
            X