2006 df175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 df175

Considering the purchase of a Grady White 252g w/ Twin DF175's. Going to check it out today. What should the compression be? Any special procedure to follow? I'm an I/O guy.....do I need to ground out the coil wire?
    Last edited by AJV00303; 04-28-2019, 02:32 AM.

Best bet is to get an experienced Suzuki mechanic to give them a check over, including hooking up to the laptop and the Suzuki SDS system, and reviewing the printout. With modern efi 4 strokes, this really is essential.

This will show up any concerning fault codes and will also give an indication of how its been run. - it gives # hours running in each 1000 rpm range. You want to see some evidence of running in the 5-6000 range.

You also want to check that is been propped correctly in a sea test - it should ideally hit 6000rpm or very close to that with a normal load at WOT.

I have no idea what you are talking about re the coil wire... again, these are hi-tech computer controlled engines and doing that kind of thing is likely to be problematic.

Comment

Is this Suzuki SDS system something I can download or is proprietary?

Comment

Looks like I could buy the software and cables for $70 on ebay,

Comment

Yes you can buy the SDS software only - but will you know what to look for or how to interpret the data? Experience counts....

good luck with the inspection.

Comment

What version software is needed for the 2006 model?
            Would this work?

(SUZUKI MARINE diagnostic kit for Professionals the latest software version 8.30 ! pdf, driver, manual). OUTBOARD APPLICATIONS MODELS, stationary and static diagnostic tests, and many other functions.

Comment

The data looks pretty self explanatory.
              Now waiting for my offer to be accepted.

Comment

Will the above software and cables work on a 2006 DF 175?

Comment

Am I in the wrong forum?
                  Kinda expecting more feedback.

Comment

Well, the link to the ad you posted says it will work with engines from 1999 to 2018.

Not sure what else can be said in that regard.

Usually they just update it to cater for the latest models each year.

Comment

I'm interested in this software as well. Has anyone on this forum bought one of these programs and used it so they can confirm it worked for them?

Comment

It works fine for me. If the proper cables are added then it's simpel to use.
                        Regards, Martin
                        DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
                        X