DF200/225/250 cowlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200/225/250 cowlings

Anyone know if they are all interchangable? I have a df225 cowling that has the bad primer/paint and is beyond repair. Curious if a DF250 is the same cowling minus decals?

You should be able to look the parts list for both engine and determine if the covers have the same parts number. Parts list may be found on Browns Point Suzuki web site.

JIm

Comment

That doesn't help. The assembled part #'s are different. The decals are different in the assembled part. The small parts are the same. Louvers and such. Same with the df200.

Comment

At the top of this page select "Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts" find your year/model and select the part, in your case the cowling, select that part and scroll down to the "Related Fitment" and it will tell you all the models/years that the part will fit.

Comment

Thank you and I see that but that's not helping. It only shows fitment for the size engine it goes with and various years. It doesn't say if a 06 df250 hood fits an 05 df225. These are all 3.6 v6's. I'm curious if all these hoods are basically the same save for decals. I guess I'm asking if someone has this knowledge.

Comment

After looking closer under the cowling parts I see what you mean. If you check the rubber gasket in the cowling section there is a ton of other engines and years that share the same part. Based on that observation I’d GUESS the cowlings might be slightly different for model years. One would think Suzuki would use the same cowling for the same engine family.
            I checked my cowling 2009 DF 90 and it fits 2010-2011 DF70, DF80 so the fitment section checks out for my model. You will probably have to talk to a Suzuki dealer on your particular model/year.
            Last edited by Murray; 05-03-2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

It's tricky. I can't find a good pic of both undersides to compare.

Comment

Working...
              X