DF300AP max RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF300AP max RPM

what is the max RPM of 2017 model DF300AP?
    i have twin engines and they run at max 5500RPM. i have hydraulic jackplates, so i experimented a lot with height and trim and i never was able to hit 6000RPM. is that ok or should i consider changing props?
    FYI: the local dealer says that if i change props and get to 6000RPM, my fuel consumption is going to increase since my boat is heavy and it gets even heavier when loaded (it is used in a diving school). so according to him, sacrificing the 500RPM is recommended to keep fuel efficiency.
    i have read Moonlighter's sticky note and found it very useful. but i am confused about my dealer's advice. your thoughts?

Heavier load will decrease RPM even more and load up the engine more. Which will negatively affect performance and economy.

I respectfully disagree with what you said the dealer says. Its the opposite.

You would expect better performance and economy with a prop (of the same design/model) with less pitch.

Are you running digital gauges that show you real time mpg? If so it will be fairly obvious when you make the change what has happened to fuel economy.

Comment

Change your prop pitch to reach your maximum rpm without over revving...just follow Suzuki recommended rpm for your engine, their Engineers know their engine.

Comment

thanks. any idea on the recommended max rpm for my engines? is it 6000?

Comment

Originally posted by lateralinfo View Post
          thanks. any idea on the recommended max rpm for my engines? is it 6000?
          Maximum RPM range should be in your owners manual. It isn’t one size fits all, for example, my 2009 DF90 is 5500-6300RPM yet a 2009 DF70 and DF80 is 5000-6000RPM as per service and owners manual.

Comment

The RPM range for the DF300AP is 5700-6300 rpm's(not much room to work), the over rev activates at 6400 rpm's. I would say you do need to drop one pitch size to get more rpm's. You said you are getting 5500 rpm's at wot but is that loaded with divers and dive gear? If that was with an unloaded boat then you may can go even lower in pitch.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X