No announcement yet.

HELP! DT65 power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah all plugs are the same, also done a compression test and all cylinders were good, it power's up to a certain point then wants to stall, thanks for the reply.

Comment

I have experienced new plugs being bad, make sure all the cylinders are firing.

You can also hold motor about 1500 rpms, then place your palm over each carb throat, and notice the vacuum, also if you feel fuel on your hand, and if each carb changes the running of the motor identically. If any of the carbs act differently for any of those three things recheck to see what the problem is. Also check to make sure the linkages are all working properly.

Good luck, post back on what you find out.

Comment

Some good news! swapped the top and bottom carbs over and reached full speed! but was still cutting out after a while, but the top and bottom carb i swapped over were from a 1988 dt65 and are slightly different from the original middle one. i checked the part numbers for the jets and they are different, would this cause the engine to not run correctly? would it be possible that all three of the original carbs are no good? thanks in advance.

Comment

Result! swapped all 3 carbs over and reaches top speed now, thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
          X