Accuracy fuel consumption (DF115A) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuracy fuel consumption (DF115A) ?

How accurate is the fuel consumption info on the multi function display ?
    I'm noticing several liters difference between what the display says, and the liters from the pump to top-off the tank.

Thanks,
    V.
    DF115A - Jeanneau Merry Fisher 605

Its usually very accurate.

Have you tried calibrating it a few times?

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean with calibrating or how thats done, but I reset the counter after topping off the tank.

Comment

If you have Suzuki SMIS or C-10 system gauges, the fuel data accuracy is usually spot on, but if its not, when you do the refuel process, you have the option to calibrate the system to improve accuracy. Done a few times, calibration will get it to close to 100% accurate.

If you are outside the USA them most installations post 2015 with digital gauges will use the Suzuki OEM gauge, and this is 98 - 100% accurate all the time.

The greatest cause of variation between what the gauge says and what is put in at the gas station is going to be one of two things -

1. Not filling up at the same gas station/pump - because the angle of the boat on the trailer changes and thus the tank is filled to a different level. So it appears that the system is out when it isn’t.

2. Leaving several weeks between when the boat was last used and when you refill the tank - because a half or more empty tank will lose a surprising amount of fuel due to evaporations- up to 5% per week in some climatic conditions. To truly test accuracy, you must fill up on the way home from the trip to eliminate evaporation from the equation.

So, where do you live, and what gauges do you have? The SMIs/C-10, or the Suzuki OEM gauges supplied outside the USA since 2015?
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-14-2019, 06:29 AM.

Comment

It's this model >
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdghHrBpyWg

I fill up the boat when it's in the water, every time to a couple of cm's beneath the fuel tank cap opening.

My regular fuel station always pumps more liters than the engine consumption says; but the opposite happened at another station I used last weekend.

Comment

That is the new (from 2015) Suzuki OEM gauge.

The system it works with is very accurate.

More than likely that the difference you have found is due to the factors I mentioned earlier. Which is confirmed by your last comment.

Comment

There's one other cause I can think of:
              engine gauge is fine, but the fuel pump meters are inaccurate..

Comment

Originally posted by Vronsky View Post
                There's one other cause I can think of:
                engine gauge is fine, but the fuel pump meters are inaccurate..
                Nah - you are incorrectly assuming that the data going to the gauges comes from the “fuel pump meters”, whatever they might be.

The data is actually coming from the engines ecu (computer) which is controlling how much fuel is injected. Multiple sensors on the engine inform the ecu of operating conditions, which determines how much fuel the ecu then tells the fuel injectors to inject.

Comment

I mean the meter of fuel dispenser at the filling station.

Comment

Originally posted by Vronsky View Post
                    I mean the meter of fuel dispenser at the filling station.
                    LOL!

Yes, you could have a dodgy fuel retailer that has pumps that are over-reporting and therefore overcharging you for fuel!

There are REALLY big fines for retailers who do this kind of thing in my country, so it is very rare.

Try a different fuel retailer!

Comment

Working...
                    X