No announcement yet.

250ss dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well to update on my issue, I have not found the problem. One thing I have noticed is that there is no pattern for it to happen. Since my last post the boat has ran like a top, been to Toledo Bend multiple times as well as down in the Sabine River. I don't think the water ( whether lake or river would make a difference), however it stalled on me Sunday in the river. I was idling away from the sandbar and other boats so I didn't throw a wake to the bank, got up on plane for about a minute when the motor stalled. I went to the back, pumped the bulb about 5 times( the bulb was soft but not collapsed) and the motor started and ran fine the rest of the trip in( about a 15 min run) at about 4000 rpm.

I'm just lost as no authorized dealer/mechanic can figure it out either.

Comment

Have you had the filter checked on the VST?

Comment

My 250ss runs 130 at idle. Starts to overheat above 5000rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by renegade View Post
          My 250ss runs 130 at idle. Starts to overheat above 5000rpm.
          What do mean by STARTS TO OVERHEAT?

Comment

When i start to push it above 5000 climbs to 180+ . Had had the problem for the last 4yrs. Changed everything twice.

Comment

Originally posted by renegade View Post
              When i start to push it above 5000 climbs to 180+ . Had had the problem for the last 4yrs. Changed everything twice.
              You already have a separate thread or threads running on your issues, so please dont derail this thread any further.

Comment

Working...
              X