86 DT 200 CDI help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 DT 200 CDI help!!

Morning gang. New to the forum here searching for help on a 86 DT 200 CDI. I can't locate a new one and salvage yards keep asking for the F8T number. That number isn't legible on my part. The original part # is 32900-87D00. An internet search to cross the original part # to the F8T number produced no results. Any help with this number, locating a used CDI or somewhere that can repair my old unit would be most appreciated.

Posting on these outboard sites is a good start, but all motor sites is better. Also googling your part number and item name sometimes will help locate someone parting out motors.

Even if no longer available, clicking on the part number may still list all the motors that your particular CDI was used on, this may give you more options?

You can also call as many outboard dealerships as possible to see if they have any dt200's in their scrap yards? Those motors had to go somewhere.

Good luck with your search.

Comment

https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...001/electric-4

Select the part that matches yours and scroll down for a list of other models that share the common part.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I found an 87 and bought the entire electrical system off of it because the CDI wasn't exactly the same. Now, I get to figure that jigsaw puzzle out. Yay me!

Comment

Working...
        X