DF200AP - 11 alarm codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200AP - 11 alarm codes

New motor (10hrs) thrown 11 alarm cods at once when I powered it. The codes are 6-3, 4-6, Eng Check Throttle System, 6-1, 5-1, 4-3, 4-2, 3-2, 2-6, 2-4, and 2-2.
    Any idea what can cause this except faulty ECM? I doubt it's a real malfunction - too many codes.

Almost certainly due to low/poor voltage to either the engine (main battery cables or the white wire connection) or low voltage to the network, or both.

You need to remove and clean all check all engine connections to the battery ensure the batteries are in tip top condition and that there is no corrosion in any wires or loose connectors. Also check for moisture in any of the main harness connections. Check the power supply connection to the NMEA2000 network make sure its akso getting good solid voltage and any fuses in the connection are clean and good. Check main battery switch - pull it apart and check all connections.

When I say check connections, I mean undo them, clean them, get some dielectric grease on them and tighten up firmly again. Dont just look at them and assume they are good. Ever.

These engines are sensitive to poor voltage, and will throw random codes like this if they dont get good voltage all the time.

Comment

New motor with only 10 hours, I’d be talking to your dealer. I’d be willing to bet you have a loose connection that someone forgot to tighten up when they rigged up the engine. Follow Moonlighters instructions and I’m sure you’ll find the issue.

Comment

Thanks all for suggestions. Half way through checking the connections.No luck yet. May end up going to a dealer.

Comment

RobRoy, did you have any luck resolving your multiple alarm codes issue? I had codes flashing all day yesterday with my DF175AP's many of the same you mentioned, mostly on the starboard engine, but some on the port. Only happened while at higher speed in the choppy GOM waters, not at idle or slower speeds. seems to point to a loose connection like Moonlighter mentioned, but haven't had a chance to look at connections yet.

Comment

Problem resolved on it’s own. I cleaned and tightened connections, charged batteries, but errors were there on startup. Then I went to dealer, but half way (15-20min of engine at cruising), the errors just disappeared and didn’t come back yet.

Comment

I think once you have fixed the problem it takes a bit on the part of the ECM to clear them

one thing to rally double check besides battery post is the white wire connections
              remember nothing works if the white wire is corrupt someplace along the line
              Art

Comment

Had the same problem, it’s a short somewhere. Mine was the forward trim switch in the bow. I realized it was a shirt from another post where his horn didn’t work.

Comment

Working...
                X